Exporting Contacts out of Blackberry with Windows Contacts
So, you are trying to get your contacts out of your blackberry and sync it to your Android / iPhone / Windows Phone, or just want to sync it to your Google account for backup purposes. Here are a few tips that will get you started – I have just enumerated some methods.
Option 1: Use Blackberry Desktop 6 (Manual)
(Not the most updated software) – It can directly export out your contacts out in the CSV Format. Please read the official How-To here
Option 2: Using Blackberry Desktop 7 (Manual)
If you have a Blackberry Desktop 7 – Which most likely you may end up having, here is how you can do it – For people who don’t want to use the sync (Option 3)
Step 1: Backup BB Contacts to Windows Contacts
- Connect your Phone to your Windows (Assuming you have Windows 7/8/8.1)
- Click On Organizer
- Select Configure
- Select “One-Way to Your Computer and Windows Contacts (You may Sync it to your outlook, but that’s not covered in this blog)
- Click on Sync Organizer (Sync All) on the bottom right of window.
This step is now complete – The Contacts will now be in your windows contacts folder in windows 7 /8 /8.1 and Outlook Express (Address Book) in the prior version of windows
Step 2: Export Windows 7/8 Contacts to CSV
This is the next step in the process. Please open the contacts folder
- Press Windows Key + R (To open Run window)
- Type in the run window (Without the quotes) “%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Users\%USERNAME%\Contacts”
- This will open your contacts directory
- Click on the “>>” on the top pane and click on export to CSV
- Save the CSV file as backup of your Contacts
Step 3: Import the Contacts in G-Mail
- Open http://google.com/contacts
- Click on “More” and Import
- Choose the CSV file
Hit Import and in a few moments, your contacts will be in your Google account. Now, the contacts will be synced any where you configure to do so, in your Windows Phone, iPhone or Android or simply can act as a backup of your contacts.
Option 3. Automatic Google Contact Sync
- Go to http://www.google.com/sync
- Install the Sync Software on your blackberry
I hope this has been informative, and would help you back your contacts up. Thanks for reading. Do leave comments if you face any issues.