Coming back from the US

Sitting here in my hotel room, I was in deep reverie of the days that have passed since I have come to the US. It seems like a long time, but if my memory serves me right, its actually less than 2 months. It seems like forever. Snapping out of it, I am happy that i am getting to go back home 3 weeks earlier than expected and originally planned. I am supposed to be flying on the 8th of the May and if all goes well, I will be in Bangalore at the midnight of the 9th. I am so happy that i am literally counting my days here. My emotions would probably be understood by some one who is serving a life time sentence and his days of getting out of the jail is closing in.

Anyways, these days have been like a sentence to the “Kaala Paani” (For those who don’t know what it means, It was a jail on an island where inmates were sent and they had no way to return)  . But this also has been an experience to me, driving 320 miles in 2 days just around Atlanta, meeting new people and to see the US face to face and unveil the charisma of the US, just to find it is just another country. Apart from finding the striking differences in the cultures of the country, i noticed the subtle similarities in the lives of the people.

Some odd reasons, when we were all kids, we some how got this crazy idea, that US is heaven. I mean, this is in a literal sense, I have some people try so hard to get to the US that they play a game of Limbo with their life (Intended to be read as: How low can you go). US is not very different, similar people stay here with similar problems. But as they say the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I did realize that there is no place better than home. The similarities between the people around the world is the same, we are all tied by the basic of human nature. we are all selfish, self centred and all that for the world, but trustworthy, dependable, caring for the people that they love. I mean it is the same thing every where, so if you don’t have to be alone anywhere, make friends. That way there will be nothing you would want more than being with your loved ones. Guess that’s why they call man a social animal.

I did have moments of ecstasy and thrill visiting the place, it is definitely a beautiful place, no doubt about it. I did meet wonderful people and get to know them and learnt a few American terms like SOL, CYA, etc :). It has been a pleasure working here and none the less an experience. but i look forward to getting back to India and to my friends and family.

At this point in time, I am reminded of Chris Daughtry’s song…

Well I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got me all wrong.
I don't regret this life I chose for me.
But these places and these
faces are getting old,
So I'm going home.
Well I'm going home
.”

Have a great one guys ….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Juniper Aggregate Interfaces (LACP/No LACP)

HA Proxy for Exchange 2010 Deployment & SMTP Restriction

Configuring Multicasting with Juniper EX switches (Part 1)