New Hobby ... Editing and Post Production


So, it seems that I haven't blogged for over an year. While visiting the blog today, I thought I would write about the new hobby I developed in the last year

It is the creation of videos, The need arose when I thought I needed to create videos for some one close and man I was gripped as this was a very interesting way to let off some creative steam. So, in this post, I will keep it short and sweet with the products that I use

1. iMovie: So, I got myself started with the free iMovie that came with my Mac and other Apple products. It was brilliant to make photo collages and home videos, But this started to get a little limiting, so I was back in the market looking for a new editor

2. Final Cut Pro X: The final-cut pro and Motion combo, came by to save the day and has become my NLE of choice and the plugins availble in the market are simply superb and I was able to create some brilliant edits

However, once I was approched by Sunil for making a short film (Horror genre), I now needed a compositor, so I was looking for it and found the HitFilm product

3. Hit Film Pro 2017: So, I found this piece of software absolutely worth its price (having tried the free Express edition, which continues to be free. The pro edition allowed me to do camera track (using the mocha) and 2D tracking with ease

4. VideoScribe: On one of the occastions, it was clear that I needed an explainer kind of a video, so, I got myself a subscripton of Video Scribe and I was sorted. This product can help you create these explainer kind of videos in a very short span of time

5. Blender + DaZ Studio: This free gem helps you create 3D and animate it. You will be amazed to see what you can achieve with a couple of days on your hand


Now for the stock footage, I use pixabay.com and videoblocks.com.


I hope this is useful to anyone looking into entering video making as a hobby. Here are links of some short films that we created.

1. Be the change (On Swatcch Bharat)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oKXZQdFgWg&feature=youtu.be
2. My Dad My Hero (On War Veterans)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEylrVqV_uw&feature=youtu.be

Please enjoy these and feel free to critique the work ....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HA Proxy for Exchange 2010 Deployment & SMTP Restriction

Juniper Aggregate Interfaces (LACP/No LACP)

Configuring Multicasting with Juniper EX switches (Part 1)